Thursday, December 7, 2017

Map relief


Inspiration: Serene Ng
Matt Shilan
Karen Margolis


"Mountain tranquility"

In process:


Final:



I grew up in Charlotte, North Carolina, not very close to the beach. I was near the mountains, though, and used to find peace in hiking and looking at the texture of the mountains. I was inspired by the mountains in old school topography maps, and thought about how I could incorporate this in my piece. I begin making a repetitive mountain shape, but it actually turned into a more abstract shape with an outline around it. I liked this as a take on mountains, and decided to repeat this in different scales. The blue color is because blue is a relaxing color to me, like mountains. The foam board was cut and incorporated into drawing paper, with India ink mixed with water for the blue. I drew the lines of the "mountains" first, and then attached the foam board.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Memento

"Ballet memories" Inspiration: Sophie Hanagarth  Marco Terelli Anthony Roussel In process: Final...